Manager of the technical facility
The “Resin Histology” technical facility has all the necessary equipment to carry out different histological techniques in methacrylate resin for non-decalcified samples (bone and mineralized tissues).
- Implementation of histological techniques in resin embedding (impregnation-inclusion-cutting-staining-acquisition of virtual slides)
- Development and fine-tuning of protocols by adapting them to the size of the explants, to the nature of the implantation site, and/or to the chemical composition of the implanted biomaterial.
- Advice and follow-up of users.
- Participation in the interpretation and analysis of slides.
- The “Resin Histology” technical facility is equipped with several saws for cutting resin blocks (EXAKT 300 diamond band saw / Leica SP1600 diamond blade saw / Buehler IsoMet 1000 diamond saw ) and a Reichert-Jung poly Cut which allows to make ultra thin cuts (a few micrometers thin).
- The “Resin Histology” technical facility also has two polishing machines, one automated (EXACT), and another manual (BrotLab 1.03.20) that allow to prepare the slides already mounted for routine or specific staining.
- It is possible to virtualize the slides with a Keyence VHX-2000 digital microscope , and/or a Leica microscope with 2.5x/10x/20x objectives and a “whole slide imaging” acquisition software from Microvisionner, which we make available to users after reservation
The “Resin Histology” technical facility is open to all the medical and scientific community, academic or private.
We propose our human competence in the field (expertise, advice, training), to take care of your samples according to your request in partial or complete service (inclusion, sectioning, staining and/or scan of slides) and to train the users on various histological techniques and on our various workstations available for reservation.
For any information, please contact H. El-Hafci: